5-Tips for Eating Well in August by Sarah C. Bond
Here are 5 healthy food alternatives to choose this August to stay healthy and feel great!
1. If you use real butter on your baked potato swap it out for extra virgin olive oil instead. Most likely you will use less oil since you don’t have to wait for it to melt. It’s a healthy alternative to butter and other fats.
2. Looking for a healthy summer snack? Replace chips, pretzels, ice cream, etc. with watermelon! Watermelon lives up to its name because it is over 90% water and a great way to rehydrate after a long day in the sun. Plus, its only 44 calories be cup and is a great source of cancer-fighting lycopene!
3. Swap out your peanuts for healthier nuts like cashews, almonds and walnuts. Making your own trail mix with these nuts (avoid roasted) add raisins and seeds if you like and use snack size Ziploc vs sandwich size Ziploc to control portions. Keep them everywhere! Desk, car, gym bag, purse, etc.
4. If you still drink diet or regular soda swap it out for or seltzer water. Add your own flavors to seltzer like lemon juice, orange juice or cranberry juice. Just a splash will do. This is a refreshing treat!
5. Check sodium and sugar levels on ALL your food. Swap out any breads, wraps, salad dressing, yogurts, peanut butter, etc for lower sodium and lower sugars items. Some products are low in carbs but very high in sodium. Read the package before you purchase!
Eat well and have a great end of your summer!
Join Sarah Bond for class at our Maxwell Place studio:
Mondays, 11:00 – 12pm Whole Flow Moderate
Tuesdays, 12:30 – 1:30pm Whole Flow Moderate ** with Childcare!
Also, join Sarah for her upcoming Yoga & Meditation Retreat in Santorini, Greece this October! There are only a few spaces left!
Learn more HERE!